Monday, January 31, 2011

Should I Stay or Should I Go?-part 5


Okay Jim, that’s all well and good but in all my seeking God what do I do when God says stay? How do I stay put? Those are good questions, I’m glad you asked them.
Have a current vision. The best vision is a fresh vision.  Ask the Lord daily to renew and refresh his plan and vision for your life. It’s also important to keep yourself refreshed.
How? Go to church, read your Bible, pray, enjoy your family, take time off, and make time for hobbies and other stress relievers. Another way to stay put is to keep your heart and life pure. Flee from ungodliness and evil thinking and doing. Guard your attitude. Sure I’ve been hurt we all have, but I will not be a victim. I choose to be a victor that’s why I choose to take every thought captive and line it up with the truth of God’s Word.
One of the things that has helped me stay put is by never letting what I do become old hat. Choose to keep changing and trying  new things. You’ve heard me say this before “same actions bring same results.”  Another thing that keeps me appreciating where I am is networking. Experience is the best teacher but it doesn’t have to be your experiences that you learn from. Don’t ride a dead horse, if it isn’t working stop doing it. Don’t be sucked in by religious tradition it is totally up to you to stay tuned in and up to date in every part of your ministry. Be teachable.  Teachable people have longevity.
Stay hooked up with your Pastor and all the leaders above you. Be a team player.
Be loyal.  If you need help, ask for it. Don’t be afraid to say, “I’m in over my head”
A good leader knows their abilities and weaknesses. It’s up to you staff for your weak spots as well as work to improve them. Keep a servant’s heart and be on the lookout for pride.  If you know you are to stay, get leaving out of your mind.

Obedience brings blessing! Over the years I’ve seen this principle work over and over again. If God tells you to go, be obedient and God will bless you, if He tells you to stay be obedient and He will bless you. When you are obedient you can expect the blessings of God. Have faith. Expect victory. Expect promotion. And never forget obedience has rewards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment