Tuesday, January 11, 2011

12 things anyone can do to set themselves apart and lead others better!-part 3

#3-Take steps to learn how to get more done
If you have not read my book "Beat The Clock" you should. In fact you should buy one for every person on your leadership team. Contact us at JWM for wholesale info. Here's 5 of the secrets I practice daily...
1. Buy the right tools. I just bought a ZAGG/mate keyboard for my ipad it's amazing. There are several tools I use including my iphone, ipad, and laptop.
2. Plan events that you need to do and also plan the steps for those events. I make appointments for everything that important by my priorities.
3. Break it down in to-dos Speaking of priorities, do you know yours? Are they up-to-date? Remember if the Lord leads us in steps we have to learn to think in steps in all we do.
4. Evaluate- look at how you spend your time. Most people spend more time planning how they want to spend their time than evaluating how you really spent it. It's up to you to identify time wasters. Once you identify them it's then up to you to do something about it.
5. Delegate (Use the time of others) At the end of the day you only have 24 hours to work with so after you've done these 4 other steps teach them to others and use some of their time as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment