Monday, January 10, 2011

12 things anyone can do to set themselves apart and lead others better!-part 2

#2- Set the example of what you want others to do. If you have ever heard me speak or read my stuff youve heard me say that everyone who works for me is told I've got some good news and bad news for you. The good news is I'll never ask you to do something I wouldn't do and the bad news is I'm willing to do anything that needed! My Mom has told me my whole life "What’s good for the goose is good for the gander!" Which is Alabama for "set the example of what you want others to do!" This past week Matt McKee told me on twitter I work too much! Reggie Jointer has told me that for years. I know I work a lit and guess what that is the secret to why I accomplish a lot. This new year I am cutting back on my coaching and only offering 1 infuse group per year from September to February. (Better enrole now if you want to be a part of this in 2011.) But don't think for one reason i am going to be sitting on my back pourch sipping ice tea. I'm going to be leading a growing the next generation ministries at my church plus implementing a new plan to reach high school students. As I've been searching for a youth pastor I saw that what I was wanting was not there and didn't think differently so I realized I needed to build it and then turn it over to someone rather than expect them to do it with my help from a far.

I believe this with all my heart..."There may be people with more talent or ability but no one has to out work you. But what to you do? Here's my formula dream, plan, build structure, create policy then...teach, model, evaluate and keep repeating the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment