Thursday, January 27, 2011

Should I Stay or Should I Go?-part 2


Now that we’ve talked about why let’s take a look at how to make a change. How you leave is as critical as why. Here are seven musts for a smooth exit.
1.   Go on time. Don’t be early or late they both cause problems.  Wait until you have been released. Once you know that  it’s time to go and have peace then go. I have only been late in leaving one time and if I could do it over I would have left earlier. On time is the best time!
2.   Go quickly. This means different things to different people. Ask your leader how much time they would like you to allow. ( i.e.: month, two weeks, or immediately) I think the faster the better! If God has released you, it’s over so leave.
3.   Go with your mouth shut. This is the hardest one. Don’t contact church people, let the Pastor tell others how he wants it told. Don’t fellowship with people you have never had fellowship with before you resigned. There are always those who want “the dirt” beware of people wanting to be your friend that have never wanted to be your friend before.
4.   Be Positive. If you can’t be positive because there is nothing positive go back to number 3 and go with your mouth shut. I have left four churches each move has been different. Sure there were some negative things that happen along the way but I choose to dwell on the positive.
more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment