Sunday, February 13, 2011

Family Tradition

Today is one of my favorite days of the week. I love Sundays! Not just because I get to go to church and be with the people of God. I'm so thankful for my church and also the wonderful opportunity I have to lead thousands of kids and adults. But my favorite part of Sunday is lunch as a family. Being the father of grown kids you might say Jim your parenting days are over. Nope, you never stop being a parent you just parent differently. Looking back on it I'm not sure we even knew what we were doing but Julie started cooking a big family meal and we all set aside that time as special. Even during the teenage years what ever friends the kids had with them they came too. Friends turned into boy friends and boy friends turned into husbands and one thing our kids have made room for in their week was our Sunday family lunch. Today could be the last Sunday lunch before my grandson shows up. All I know is when he is born and comes home from the hospital he has a set place to have lunch ever Sunday. Maybe Sunday is a bad day for you but look for a time that can be a special family time for your family. It doesn't even have to be a meal but enjoy your family and look for opportunities to invest yourself and your time into your family and build memories that last forever!

1 comment:

  1. lunch today was wonderful Julie made her famous meatloaf if you don't know my meat loaf story read "Children's Ministry Leadership-The You Can Do It Guide" It was a special lunch. My family has to be the most fun bunch to hang out with ever. Tonight I came home from church and Whitney was baking Peanutbutter Bacon Cupcakes- it's never a dull day at the Wideman House!

    ReplyDelete