When I was in my 20's I just wanted a chance, in my 30's I wanted to make a difference, in my 40's I wanted to teach others and pursue excellence, in my 50's I want to leave a legacy and help pass on what I've learned, not sure what the 60's will bring but one thing I know I want to still be hands on doing ministry to children, students, and families in the local church.
I don't want to spend my life telling people what I use to do I want to still be in the game not watching it or just talking about it.
When I was young I did want to accomplish great things for God somewhere on the journey I started caring just as much about helping others see their dreams come true as I did my own which caused my dreams to also come true. I do want to pursue excellence in what I do but nothing brings me more joy then encouraging, training and empowering others!
Here are some relationships I value...
1. I want to be known as a man who love God and His Word!
2. I love my wife! Other than Jesus she's the best thing to ever come into my life.
3. I love my family, my girls are my bright spots and the loves of my life. The greatest gift Yancy ever gave me was making me a grandfather. My grandson is amazing!
4. I love my Timothy's those kids who are in the ministry because of my ministry. I'm so proud of these folks! It's hard to believe their are hundreds of these now!
5. I love my friends! I am thankful for all the ministry friends I've made. I want to be as good of a friend to these folks as they have been to me.
6. I love my staff and the people of my church.
7. I am so thankful for my infuse folks. It's been amazing to see how the Lord has brought these folks into my life. It's been the most fulfilling thing I've ever done besides work in a local church!
This year for the third time I got to participate in the Kidmin Blog Madness which was the brain child of Ministry To Children's Tony Kumar. In 2010 I made it to the sweet 16, in 2011 I made it to the final four. 2 of the other 3 were infusers, this year I also made it to the final 4 but this year all 3 of the others have an infuse connection. I thank each of you who voted for me in the other 2 rounds but please don't vote for me against my infusers. I want one of my kids to win! Vote for one of them. I feel like I've won just by having these 3 in my life, any one who you pick deserves to win it, they are 3 of the brightest young guns I know. So thanks everyone for your love and support and for helping me make it to the final four. Thanks for allowing me to have a voice into your lives. I do hope you'll consider letting me help you be the best leader you could be. I'd love to coach you in infuse or infuse lite. I can't promise you a spot in next year's Kidmin blog madness but I can promise I'll love you, support you, and teach you everything I know if you want it bad enough to learn it!
Congratulations to Jenny, Jason, and Anthony you are a blessing to me, thanks for making me a better leader because you are in my life!