Friday, March 09, 2012

I'm a blessed man!

I love being a dad! I love my wife! You don't have to be around me very long to know that I love my girls and their husbands! I'm also pretty smittened by my grandson! He's mighty special!
I'm also proud of all my Timothy's and "church kids" who have allowed me to be a spiritual father! As I think about my life today all I can say is "I am a blessed man!

Psalm 112:1-3 (NIV1984) says: 1 Praise the LORD.
Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who finds great delight in his commands.
2 His children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.
3 Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever.

I'm so glad not only that I made Jesus my saviour my Senior year of high school but I'm so glad each day of my life I get to choose him to be my Lord and Master.
Today once again I choose Jesus' way for my life and I choose to find great delight in His commands!

That's my prayer for you parents, leaders & friends! Fear the Lord and find great delight in His commands!

I can't believe how sweet people have been to me lately. Down threw the years I've been honored by churches I've served and several organizations and Kidmin publications, they have been so kind and I appreciate their love but earlier this year my friend Michael Chanley and the INCM did something very, very special they honored my whole family. I could not be who I am without  my wonderful wife and children! INCM interviewed my family and presented me with the first ever LEGACY AWARD for my lifetime achievement in Children's Ministry.
Chanley asked Yancy to write me a song. This truly was the greatest gift I have every been given by anyone other than Jesus himself.

Here are the words she wrote and sang for me...

When your heart is filled with gratitude
What do you say
Do you write a letter or pick up the phone
So they'll hear it right away?
Cause there's one whose always been there
since my very first breath
There's a lot of thank yous now overdue
that are running through my head

It's not just what you said
but how you chose to live
You've made a lifetime of memories
And your time is well spent

Cause you taught us to
Love, love one another
Love, love God's people
and Love God's word with all our heart
Do what's right at any cost
Give, Give with open hands
Fight, press on to win
This race God made for you
Do what He has called you to
If every child had the parents I have, the world would be much brighter

It's not about being perfect or always right
You're the first to admit you're still learning
and lay down your pride
but You care about your family
and this world God made
and we're all better because of the seeds
you've planted each day

It's not just what you said
but how you chose to live
actions speak louder
and your volume is cranked to ten

Cause you taught us to
Love, love one another
Love, love God's people
and Love God's word with all our heart
Do what's right at any cost
Give, Give with open hands
Fight, press on to win
This race God made for you
Do what He has called you to
If every child had the parents I have, the world would be much brighter

thank you for believing in me
and saying I'm proud of you
and all the things you gave up
so my dreams could come true

There’s a part of me that’s just like you
And I want to make you proud
the words you spoke brought life to me
and I want to thank you now

Cause you taught us to
Love, love one another
Love, love God's people
and Love God's word with all our heart
Do what's right at any cost
Give, Give with open hands
Fight, press on to win
This race God made for you
Do what He has called you to
If every child had the parents I have, the world would be much brighter

If every girl had the daddy I have
This world would be so much brighter

Yancy
©2012 Dried Rose Music (ASCAP)

I never thought I'd hear a summary of everything I've tried to teach and live for my family in a song but the truth is we all do. It's in the song of your family's lives. 
I am one blessed man because of Jesus and I pray today you choose Him and His commands!
Take it from an old guy your children and family will be blessed if you do and you will be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment