Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Why I Go to Conferences... Part 4

This blogger segregation really underlined what I was teaching on in my next breakout "Aligning The Children's and Student Ministry Departments." I think this was the best breakout I did at Orange. I had over 1000 in attendance and it was very humbling. I later hosted a lunch that featured churches who brought a group to Orange. I spent a lot of time with Student Ministry folks at the lunch and then also that night at the Student Ministry Meet-Up at Dave and Busters. The highlight of the day came with another non-Orange learning opportunity by having breakfast early with Sam Luce, Kenny Conley, Matt Mckee, Gina McClain, and Jonathan Clift. Sam and Kenny set this up long before the conference. It was wonderful meeting with these 5. The next day I started with another breakfast with Matt Payne and his student pastor then I did by final breakout of Orange 11 "Recruiting Secrets That Work" It was received well but I've never taught on recruiting that didn't get a good response.  The big highlight of the day came by me getting to spend time with Anthony Prince and JC Thompson. These are two young guns I've been watching and learning from online but had never got to really spend any time with. I was impressed in fact I can't wait to spend some time with both of these guys again. I also got to spend a little time with the Granger guys. (Looking forward to learning more from DC and Ted.) After a quick trip back to the hotel to pack Julie and I loaded the car grabbed Sam Luce and took off for Tennessee. Usually after a conference I am worn out but Orange 2011 energized me. The only thing that was missing for me was any Reggie time. I learned what I wanted to learn and got to connect with some amazing leaders. I can't wait until Orange 2012!

1 comment:

  1. I had such a great time learning from you and your wife. Thank you so much for taking the time to invest in me and my family and leadership

    ReplyDelete