Monday, May 09, 2011

Vison Casting


You’ve heard me say this over and over again. “If you aim at nothing,
you’ll hit it every time!” I believe you’ll never see your dreams and vision come to pass without a clear understand of where you are going, why you want to go there and how are you to get there.

Vision is important. Every Christian leader knows by heart “Where there s no vision people perish.” I like to say it this way, “Where there is vision people flourish. I think in every list I have ever come up with in one of my leadership club lessons it’s started with… “Start with your vision.” To me all a vision is is to identify how you want your ministry to end up. With this in mind in children’s ministries there is a vision in each age group or ministry that makes up the overall vision.

Vision casting is simply, communicating the vision so others make your vision their own. Why is this so important? Vision determines action and outcome. Over the past 33 years I have thought many times about quitting children’s ministry. In the early years it was every Monday, in my forties it was to become a senior pastor. So why didn’t I quit? It’s simple; my vision wouldn’t allow me to quit. Then I realized something if my vision wouldn’t let me quit, if I could put this vision into others who help and serve they wouldn’t quit either. (You can read all about this in my book “Volunteers That Stick.”
more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment