Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving and once again all over America we take a day and hang out with family and friends, eat entirely too much, watch some bad football games and plan our shopping adventures for later today because early in the morning was not early enough. Maybe for a minute we think about the Philgrams and the first Thanksgiving but then we go back to our traditions and celebrations. Several years ago I started taking a minute each Thankgiving to write down and think over what I am truly thankful for and check my thankful gage because just like I teach in Children's Church if you can be thank-full you can be thank-empty.
So here it is.... what I'm thankful for:

1. I am thankful for Jesus! I'm so thankful Jesus saved me, kepts me, protects me, loves me and ready does have a wonderful plan for my life!

2. I'm thankful for my family. Julie, Yancy, Cory, Sparrow and Whitney are truly God's gifts to me. They are not just my greatest sermon but my greatest accomplishment. 
The greatest honor of my life is to be Julie's Husband, The kids' Dad and Sparrow's G!

3. I'm so thankful that I have got to spend my life serving God's people. For almost 40 years I've gotten to teach and to care for children and students. 
I'm so proud of all the kids who are now adults who are following Christ but I'm also thankful for hundreds of Timothy's who are serving in the ministry.

4. I'm also thankful that when lot's of people my age are retiring I am getting to refocus.
I'm so exciting about getting to work with one of my best friends in the world again and serve as his Executive Pastor at Northstar Church. Plus I get to work with so many kidmin leaders with Infuse and theClub  plus consult with Pastors and churches through Jim Wideman Ministries. 

5. I'm also thankful for all the special relationships God has brought into my life with my Infusers and coaches plus all those who consider me a friend.

So Happy Thanksgiving everyone and if you are reading this I am thankful for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment