Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Eight Relationships That Matter In Ministry- Part 5


# 5- Know you team
It doesn't matter if your staff is paid or not. I had a staff long before I had employees. Jesus spent a lot of time with the level of ministry directly under Him, while He was on the earth. You should too! Start with your structure If you've read my book Stretch then you know the difference between a Growth and/or Maintenance structure. Put your ministry on paper.  Look for where ministry is happening alone. Identify not only the positions where you could use a worker but also identify the gifts and skills required for each position. A great question to ask yourself is... Do you have the right people in the right place? Every person on your team needs to know two things 1. What you want them to do. 2. How you want them to do it. It's your job to train and teach them these skills. Another great question I'd love to ask you is this... Do you have a plan to enlarge their abilities? If not you should. After you get through reading Stretch make sure you read volunteers That Stick. Remember all your time with your team can't be spent in meetings. People can't catch your heart and vision without an investment of time.

Would you like to win a free copy of STRETCH or VOLUNTEERS THAT STICK.
Post which book you'd like to win on the coments and watch my twitter for instructions on how to win.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I am a 22 year old young woman and been the childrens pastor at my church for 3 years, and Just this month we have put together a team of people for me. I have always done it all pretty much myself, so ahving volunteers is huge for me. I would love to win either one of these books. They would both be a huge help:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. send me your address to my email on www.jimwideman.com and I'll send you both books free for commenting on my blog! Thanks

    ReplyDelete