Monday, December 12, 2011

Ten Ways Anyone Can Be Creative

If you have read any of my other articles here on my blog or have read any of my books or have ever heard me speak, the chances are pretty high that you’ve heard me say at least one or all of these sayings…
If you aim at nothing, you’ll hit it every time, or Same actions bring same results. Or maybe you’ve heard me say “Don’t make the same mistake twice, there are lots of different ones that you can make each time. Sound familiar? The common denominator to walking these sayings out is to be creative. It’s a way of life that every children’s leader can and must practice to build an effective ministry to children’s and their families. Here are 10 ways or habits I try to walk out on a consistent basis to be creative.

1. Pray to ask God to help you be creative! You have to realize we were created in the image of the creator. Genesis 1:26-28 tells us “26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 God blessed them; and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”  I start every day as well as every creative meeting or brainstorming session with prayer and ask the creator to stir up His creative spirit and power within me. It takes creativity to manage, rule and be fruitful. God has promised us that he would meet all our needs (Philippians 4:19). Expect Him to show up.

2. Study creative people. I like to read about creative people; Walt Disney, Dave Thomas, Sam Walton, Donald Trump, and Seth Godin, just to name a few. Any time I can find a successful innovator I find a creative person. I love to try to get inside their head and learn ho they think and look at life. Reading their books, their blogs and/or the stuff others write about them help me unlock secrets I can adopt in my own life. If you can add 1 habit from a book that’s a benefit. I try to read every autobiography I can get my hands on.

more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment