Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I've Got Another Brand New Book!

Last weekend I did a pre-release of my brand new book STRETCH-Structuring Your Ministry For Growth. This is the book I wish I could have written first, the only problem was it took me 35 years to learn the principles inside. I sent the book to several Kidmin friends for them to read and over the next few days I'll be sharing some of their comments here on my blog. I hope some of them will also write about it on their blogs.  Also I have given some free copies to some other Kidmin friends to give away on their blogs so I think you'll start seeing some folks talk about it. This is also the first time I've released a book in two versions- there's a paperback version and also there is a special handback edition!


STRETCH has been in my heart for several years. I learned about the importance of structure at my very first church. That's when I learned the hard way that a growth structure would automatically turn into a maintance structure when you hit the 75-80% rule. If I didn't enlarge my structure I was going to be stuck. Every church I have worked at has experience growth. These principles have been tried and tested in churches of different kinds and sizes in four different states. If you are wanting your ministry to grow then this is the book for you!


Here's a listing of the topics inside...


1. The importance of structure
2. Making room to receive
3. Beginning keys to building structure in ministry
4. Structuring yourself to grow
5. Enlarging the abilities of those you lead
6. Structuring your organization for growth
7. Structuring your volunteers for growth
8. Structuring your facilities for growth
9. Communicating your structure
10. Questions to ask yourself.


I believe this book is the most practical leadership book I have ever written. The official release date is September 15th, until then I'm going to be given some away free. In fact all you have to do to enter to win is to tweet the following "@jimwideman is giving away a copy of his latest book STRETCH #kidmin #churchgrowth." Feel free to tweet every day, also checkout this blog to learn more about this new resource from Jim Wideman Ministries.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! The topics addressed are fantastic, very much looking forward to this resource! If I get it Free or not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! Can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete