Thursday, August 11, 2011

Moving Your Ministry From Good To Remarkable- Part 4

 #9.  Remarkable leaders are organized. Some people think organization is like good looks you either have it or you don’t. Organization and time management are learned behaviors! Management is the key to promotion Matthew 25:23  says “His master replied, Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master'shappiness!' Management is the key to promotion!  Promotion isn’t just a title change or salary increase it’s being trusted with more
Managing small things well is an indicator of how you will handle more. 
There are five things I believe you need to get organized...
1.  You need a vision.
2.  You need priorities. If you don’t have priorities, you can’t keep them
What are your priorities? Do you have a list? Are they God’s priorities? Do you have someone that can hold you accountable?
3.  Have a desire to change.    Psalms 37:4 tells us “Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.”
It’s up to you to get your want to right.
4.  Every job is easier with the right tools, even organization.
What are the right tools? My five favorite organization tools are my calendar or PDA, my watch, my timer, my computer and my cell phone.
5.  Develop a routine for the things you do (Habits are not all bad)
Assign days and times that are the same each week. Control your schedule and don’t let your schedule control you. Treat your time like it belongs to you, because it does. If you consider your time valuable, become a student of time management. (I’ve got some great resources on time management at www.jimwideman.com. Be sure and checkout my book "Beat The Clock")
       

No comments:

Post a Comment