Monday, August 08, 2011

Moving Your Ministry From Good To Remarkable


I like good things, I always have! You who know me well know I enjoy a good meal. I really enjoy a good laugh. I’m always on the lookout for good books, good deals and churches with a good children’s ministry! I believe according to God’s Word we were created to do good works. Ephesians 2:10 tells us,   “For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus
to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Although we have been created to do good works, not everyone does them. We must desire to do good works, that step number one but we also must work at it. Colossians 1:10   says “And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God.”  This doesn’t happen by accident but it is something we must work at constantly. Paul is talking about a life style that moves us from OK to good!

But as good as good is, great is better. Great is what leads us to remarkable!   I like a good meal but a great one is something to tell others about.    I like a good book but a great book, I can hardly put down.    I have passed up some good deals but a great deal I’ve never walked away from. I’m sure you feel the same way  but when it comes to Children’s Ministry we get satisfied or content with good. We have been called and equipped to do great. In John 14:12 Christ tells us
“I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing.
He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. With this in mind I want to give you ten steps to increase your leadership and move your ministry from good to remarkable.
#1.  Stay hooked into Jesus.  Desire to grow daily in your walk and relationship with God. You cannot move to remarkable with yesterday’s spiritual commitment. Give yourself a  test by answering the following questions:
1.  Has there ever been a time in your life that you were more in love with Jesus
than you are right now?
2.  Are you in the Word regularity? (Not for preparation to teach but for you.)
3.  Do you pray more now than you ever have in your life?
4.  Do you attend corporate worship services regularly?
5.  Have you won anyone to Jesus lately? (Not counting in class)
6.  Are you able to maintain a victorious Christian life by attending church and staying
 in the word?  (No counseling or outside help needed)
7.  Do you know you are walking in God’s perfect plan for your life?
How did you do? What do you need to change to go from good to remarkable spiritually?
        more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment