Friday, April 08, 2011

Leaders are examples- part 3

     Children need role models, so do the adults we lead and the staff we direct! If leaders are to desire to be examples, what should we be examples of:  First we should be an example of Christ Jesus and be a follower of Him. Salvation is the starting place, not the end. The great commission isn’t to go make decisions but disciples. It’s simple we must be a disciple to make disciples. A follower is more than a believer they are also a doer of the Word. John 14:15 is very plain Jesus said “If you love me, you will obey what I command.”
      Whatever requirements to serve we have on our worker applications they should me modeled in our own lives. I desire that my life and choices show I have been born again, that I’m in agreement with my church’s Statement of Faith. (Agreement means practice) It’s always the correct choice to practice what we preach, to live the Bible twenty-four, seven! To me holiness is not just saying no to wrong things, it’s saying yes to the right things. It’s always the right thing to model being a giver. Make it a practice to run from the appearance of evil just like the real thing. If you’ve heard any of my leadership lesson or read any of my books you know I believe your family is your greatest sermon. Leaders must have your home life in order. I love Proverbs 28:2 it says “When a country is rebellious, it has many rulers, but a man of understanding and knowledge maintains order.” This begins with evaluating daily if Christ is truly king of our hearts and our choices. A question I ask myself on a regular basis “Has there ever been a time in my life where I have been more in love with Jesus than I am right now?” If I can ever say yes, I fix it!



     Secondly we should be an example of “flowing with authority” or being submitted to the leadership above you. Lot of leaders claim to be loyal to their Pastor and leadership but the proof of this attitude is reflected in your actions.
You’re really not loyal to your leader if you treat his or her representatives differently than you treat them. It’s always the right thing to say no to sowing seeds of discord. Sharing a non-Biblical opinion with others can be a form of this. I have found gossip is never a good thing. Being teachable is also a form of submission to authority. Fighting change is not standing with authority.  Going where you’re needed to go is an example of one who is under authority. Jesus said if you have seen Him you have seen the father can that be said of us if people see us they also see those we represent and serve?

No comments:

Post a Comment