Friday, May 18, 2012

Tour De Cure...

Back at the end of last year I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I realized that I had been a leader in every area of my life but one to my family and to others. When it came to my health I was not a leader. I had developed an unhealthy relationship with food. It had become the way I celebrated, my number one substance of choice and also my mistress. I knew I was in the fight of my life so I knew what I had to do. It started with repentance and making changes in me. So that's where I started eating the things God said to eat and making exercise I part of my normal lifestyle. I also felt the Lord calling me to call my family to order. So I did (more about this later.) As of today we have lost 211lbs as a family with me losing 60 of that. I'm also off every medication but one. (I'm still working on getting off it.) Also every other health problem I was experiencing went a way. I give Jesus the credit for healing me but I also determined I would not be that guy that did not lead in my health and expect God to do all the work.


So far I have my diabetes where it needs to be, under control and on it's way out.
One of the things I had let slide when I moved to Tennessee was riding my bike as much. With the new commitment to my health I also picked back up riding my bicycle. Tomorrow Julie and I plus 2 of our cyclist friends from church will ride in my first event ride in 5 years. It's more than just another ride for me. It's about being obedient to God to get my health where it needs to be. It's also a fund raiser for a disease I have. It's a very humbling experience to say the least but yet very rewarding. I've also experienced a little push back and ask for your prayers. This morning as I was preparing the bikes I pulled my lower back. I spent the rest of the day going to my Chiropractor, icing my back and getting a massage. I believe I am healed and will be able to ride the 30 miles of the Middle Tennessee Tour De Cure tomorrow.


I hope you'll pray for me but also I hope you'll use this to evaluate your own life where you are not leading and setting the right example for your family and those you lead. If you would like to do something other than pray you can sponsor me by clicking here.


The hardest person in my life to lead is me but I am going to beat this by God's grace and power and my choices and actions. What do you need to beat with God's help?

No comments:

Post a Comment