Saturday, May 05, 2012

A Lot Has Happened In 5 Years

Last night marked the 5 year since I spoke here at World Outreach Church for the first time.
I had come once before in December 2006 to consult on the Children's Ministry and help with the new building they were designing. (We moved into that building in January 2010) 
In 2007 Yancy sang and I was the guest speaker. In 2012 Yancy was still singing and playing keyboard but this time as a member of our Student Ministries Worship Team and rather than be the guest speaker, I got to host the event and intro the guest speaker. 


As I look back over the past five years of my life there are two things that standout to me: God has done amazing things in my family and my ministry and I have so much to be thankful for! 
Five years ago I had just resigned my position on staff of a great church that I held for 17 years.
God has opened door after door for me and my family. He has blessed us and protected us and five years later we are all in Tennessee. All in the same wonderful church. Whitney is married and her carer has taken off. Her and Dustin are enjoying their first home and about to celebrate their first anniversary. Yancy and Cory have a son who is my little bright spot and they are blessed beyond words at work and home. I love watching them be parents and they are good ones!  My whole family is active in our church and they help me bunches! I could not imagine doing ministry without them on the team.


Five years ago, Infuse was just a dream. Now more than 100 leaders have taken part in this mentoring program. TheClub is still going strong and I've been able to give it away free to thousands of Young Guns as well. I've just launched a new book The Eric Trap and the stories of how it's helping people have just been amazing!


But as I think about last night I am so thankful for all the families I've gotten to do life and walk with here at World Outreach Church. We've added a lot of folks to our Kidmin and Stumin teams over the past 5 years. We have more teenagers and college kids helping and giving back. God has allowed all of our God stories to be shaped and edited as we get to help others have their God story written. The truth is we all have a story about what Jesus has done for us and who He is in our life. I am so thankful He has placed me at  a church that values serving young people and helping shape their God story. As I think about the faces I looked into last night I remembered each of their stories of a faithful God at work in their lives and today I am smiling.


I am thankful for God's direction in my life! I am thankful for all the people who are making a difference in the lives of families in Middle Tennessee. I am also thankful in advance for the things that are coming next. God is faithful and I can't wait to tell you about the next 5 years what He will do in my family, in my church and in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment