Friday, October 05, 2012

Re-Post: Keeping Life Simple


           Life can sure get wild in the ministry.  Have you ever noticed how just when you don’t think things can get any busier they do? We’ve all been there, but really and truly busy is a relative term. What’s busy to me might not be busy to you and what’s manageable to me might be crazy busy to someone else. Whatever your definition of busy is it is a source of pressure in your life. Pressure is not always bad it can cause you to grow or it can expose weakness. The more pressure you are able to handle well the more responsibility and authority will be handed over to you. The bottom line is our worth to the pastors and churches we serve is tied to our ability to handle the craziness and pressures of life and ministry.

         I was forced to delegate. Delegation did not come easy to me. When things would get overwhelming I would think just find someone to help. But it was hard to let go of things I enjoyed doing and were good at to let others do. It wasn’t until I moved to Tulsa that I really had no choice but to delegate. When I started working at the church it was in addition to the job I was already doing traveling and training children’s workers. This was before Southwest Airlines came along and in those days there were cities where a Saturday night stay was required for the plane ticket to be reasonable. I had not choice than to allow others to help me at the church when I was stuck in another state. It was the best thing that could of happened it forced me to let others help me. Over the years some of the best lessons I’ve learned have been from situations I found myself in that made me ask myself “What am I doing that someone else can do and what do I need to be doing that only I can do?”

            Jesus is our help and peace in stressful times. Are you glad you don’t have to face life alone when things get complicated? Here’s what the word says…
“Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Not only was Jesus called the Prince of Peace; He is our Prince of Peace. John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:16 tells us,  “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever-
Jesus never leads us into something that will harm us. This helper or comforter guides us and leads us to God perfect plan for our lives. God’s plan includes a peaceful life.

more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment