Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Developing A Biblical World View In Your Children-Part 6

6. The Bible is the infallible Word of God and has the answers for everything in life. What ever the answer you are looking for it’s in God’s word. How should I treat others? Who should I forgive? Who should I be friends with? How should I treat my parents, my family my employer? Who should we vote for? What should our nation’s views on Israel be? It’s all in the book! It’s not just for Sunday and Wednesday, it’s also for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. This is the guide book on living and the filter that every voice should be measured against. God’s word is not not outdated it’s relevant for today! One of the things you can do with your children at both home and church is gather the questions kids need to know and then give them the answers from God’s word.

7. Jesus is the only way to the Father and lived a sinless life by following the Words of the scripture. Every time Jesus faced the devil or demonic opposition He spoke the Word. Our tongue has the power of life and death when we speak the word we speak words of life. As parents and pastors we need to help kids watch their words and be intentional about saying what the word says. This is also how we build our faith. Faith comes by hearing, when we say God’s word it pumps us up and builds our faith like reps with dumbbells and  barbells. Also the number one question we should all be asking and teaching kids to ask is “what would Jesus do?” Then do it!  What confessions should you lead your children in to get God’s word in their hearts. One scripture I have taught my children as well as one I say often is “I am the Lord’s sheep, he is my shepherd, I know His voice. The voice of a stranger I won’t  hear!”

8. Point out wrong thinking anywhere you experience it and don’t let it lay root. The children in our churches as well as the children in our homes need to see that what the Word says and what the world says can be different when we are faced with a choice we choose the word. Take advantage of teachable moments anywhere anytime! Kids don’t need devotions they need to be taught to live a devoted life based on the word! Dave to confront and challenge wrong thinking in the media, as you do life, take every opportunity you are given to make God’s word real to your kids. I not only jump into my own girl’s life I jump into the kids I teach and lead at church. To me if you love any group of kids you’ll look for opportunities to swap wrong thinking for truth and love them enough to confront them in love. What do the children around you need to hear? 

No comments:

Post a Comment